Freesat – Brilliant TV For Everyone!
Freesat is the digital TV Service from the BBC and UTV. It gives you 140 TV and radio channels,
BBC iPlayer and free HD.
Freesat is a digital satellite TV service brought to UK digital viewers by the BBC and ITV. There are over 140 digital TV and radio channels to choose from, with absolutely no commitment to monthly costs or subscriptions. Popular digital channels to enjoy with Freesat include BBC Three, BBC Four, ITV2, ITV3 and FilmFour. Viewers can leisurely explore a wide variety of entertainment options with Freesat’s own extensive 8-day on-screen digital TV programme guide.
A Freesat+ HD digital TV recorder will enable you to pause, rewind and record live TV, with a selection of boxes allowing you to play and record Blu-Ray discs. Freesat HD offers your favourite programmes in glorious high definition. Those of you enticed by Freesat’s own digital TV offerings will need a satellite dish, and a Freesat set-top box or a Freesat HD TV. Certain Freesat receivers also enable customers to take advantage of BBC’s popular iPlayer; an on demand service allowing you to catch up with your favourite BBC TV and radio programmes. You will need to connect to your home broadband via an Ethernet cable or homeplug adapters, and a broadband speed of at least 1Mbps, preferably higher, is essential.
There's no subscription and no monthly bills. HD boxes start from £65.
- One-Off Payment. With no monthly subscriptions, Freeview Boxes start from £65. You only pay for the equipment and installation.
- 140 Channels. A wide selection of programmes to choose from with 140 Digital TV & Radio channels.
- High Definition Picture. High Definition provides up to 5 times greater digital picture quality than standard definition, with more vibrant colours and much finer detail.
- Digital Sound. You will also benefit from improved audio, with some programmes being available in Dolby Digital Surround Sound.
- TV Guide. Comes with built-in TV programming guide, providing you with up to date TV listings seven days in advance of your favourite digital television shows are on.
- Freeview. Includes Freeview with signals to 98% of all UK households. May be ideal solution if you can't get Freeview over your current aerial.
- Teletext. Freeview gives you super-fast digital text and enhanced interactivity, with access to the latest local, national and world news, and even live sports results and the local weather!
- Forever FREE. You will not require a card to unlock the free channels, and the BBC has announced the Freesat service will remain free, forever.
- Total Control. Along with HD programming, interactive TV guides and digital services, Freesat+ now has ability to pause, rewind and fast forward live TV!
- Record Your Favourite Programmes. With Freesat+ HD digital TV recorders, you can pause, record and rewind live TV. You can also store over 200 hours of standard-definition or up to 80 hours of high-definition TV, and watch it when it suits you.
- BBC iPlayer. Enjoy BBC Programmes on demand with Freesat. Freesat is the first subscription-free TV service to offer BBC iPlayer, letting you catch up on BBC TV over the past 7 days.
- Interactive TV. By pressing the red button on your Freesat remote, you have far more choice about what you want to watch. You can get immediate access to the latest goings on in local, national and world news, live sport results, weather and more.
Freesat – Immediate Installation
For immediate Freesat installation, call Smyths Satellites & Aerials today on 0845 065 2222